Basement Waterproofing in Blackman, MI
Climate in Michigan
Michigan is known as one of the coldest regions of the United States with a very changeable climate. It is characterized by varied seasons with deep snowy winters and warm summers. The Great Lakes have a significant impact on Michigan’s climate by causing substantial rainfall and snowfall that often leads to water damage to basements. If you are looking for a company providing basement waterproofing in Blackman, MI, you should contact Foundation Solutions 360.
Common Blackman, MI Basement Problems
The most common basement issues that homeowners in Blackman have to deal with are the following:
- Cracks and leaks. If there are cracks in the foundation or windows, water can seep into the basement causing serious structural damage. The best solution is fixing cracks before they become bigger.
- Humidity, mold, and mildew. Excessive moisture often causes condensation on surfaces. As a result, this leads to such water issues as corrosion, mold, and different forms of rot. For this reason, fixing any type of water leaks is extremely important.
- Bad smell. If you think that all basements smell weird, you are wrong. If you notice a foul smell in your basement, it usually indicates that water is collecting somewhere in the basement. It is recommended to check all wood, fireglass, leather, cloth, and drywall surfaces for signs of moisture and dampness. It is also important to check the crawl space as well.
- Sump pump failure. If you are already aware of the consequences of water damage to your home, you probably have a sump pump – a special drainage system that is used for moving water from the basement to the outside of your home. However, if your sump pump is not working properly, there is a high risk of flooding in the basement.
Water Damage Warning Signs
Here is a list of signs of water damage in basements:
- Cracks. If there are any cracks in our basement floor, basement wall, or basement foundation, there is a high risk of water damage. It is important to understand though that not all cracks are dangerous. For example, hairline cracks are usually not concerning unless they become too big.
- Musty smells. Mold is known for its musty odor. Since mold usually grows as a result of excessive moisture, it is often a sign that you are dealing with water damage or mold issue in your basement.
- Stains and discoloration. The walls and floors that are damaged by water often become discolored and stained. Therefore, if you notice ugly spots on your basement’s wall, there is probably water damage that you do not know about yet.
- Deteriorating building materials. Building materials often become prone to deterioration when they are exposed to moisture or water for an extended period of time. At some point, the materials will weaken and break down. Always pay attention to deteriorating building materials in your basement as they usually indicate water damage.
Foundation Solutions 360 Basement Waterproofing Solutions
At Foundation Solutions 360, we offer the following basement waterproofing solutions:
- Vapor Barrier Wall Liner. If you want to protect your basement from water damage and turn it into a functional living space, you should consider a wall liner option. The liner helps with basement waterproofing and leaves your basement with finished and clean space.
- Installing a sump pump. As mentioned above, a sump pump is one of those effective waterproofing systems that move water from problem areas, including basements.
- Installing a dehumidifier. If the air in your home is too humid, it can lead to serious issues. High humidity is dangerous for your health as it attracts mold, mildew, and dust that have a negative effect on the respiratory system. With the help of a humidifier, you can remove moisture from the air by maintaining the preferred level of humidity in your basement.
- French drains. The purpose of French drains is to catch the water that seeps inside the basement and channel it to a sump pump that sends the water back outside.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
Basement waterproofing is extremely important and has the following benefits:
- Elimination of the flooding risk. Flooding is a very unfortunate experience, and you do not want it to happen. Therefore, you should consider basement waterproofing to prevent flooding and protect your personal belongings.
- Mold and mildew prevention. Mold and mildew can cause health hazards to you and your family members. Basement waterproofing is one of the most effective ways to prevent a buildup of moisture and mold and mildew growth.
- Increase the value of your home. A waterproofed basement adds value to your property. Therefore, if you are thinking of selling your home in the future, you should consider basement waterproofing.
Why Choose Foundation Solutions 360
Are you looking for a company specializing in basement waterproofing in Blackman, MI with years of experience? Foundation Solutions 360 is the one that you should contact. It is one of the leading waterproofing companies in Blackman, MI that has many waterproofing offers and is ready to help you solve the issue of a wet basement. It specializes in various waterproofing solutions, including exterior basement waterproofing as well. If you have any questions or you want to receive a free estimate, do not hesitate to contact Foundation Solutions 360.