Foundation Solutions 360
We’re a Foundation, Basement and Crawlspace Repair Company Proudly Serving Michigan With Over 20 Years’ Experience.4 Years Interest Free financing
Basement Waterproofing Monroe County, MI
It is not at all unusual for Monroe County residents to experience leaks in their basements, and water damage is not an issue that should be dismissed. It should be addressed immediately, and basement waterproofing in Monroe County, MI is at its best when carried out by the experts at Foundation Solutions 360.
Climate in Monroe County, MI
Monroe County is wrought with precipitation all year long, and a humid climate is often the main ingredient of homeowner disaster. Any home, no matter its age, can suffer severe damage from soil that continually expands and shrinks.
The area’s climate is significantly influenced by Lake St. Clair, as well as the Great Lakes, and these bodies of water cause great humidity in summer accompanied by lots of rainfall and frigid cold in winter with substantial snowfall.
It is common for a Monroe County resident to depend on a sump pump with a battery backup to keep their basements dry. Using French drains is another method employed in Monroe County for waterproofing residents’ basement walls and floors.
Common Monroe County, MI Basement Problems
Water damage can lead to several standard basement problems. Here are some of the most common basement water issues.
- Flooding: Any time there is an open pathway, water will find its way into the basement, especially in a humid climate like Monroe County, and water leaks can lead to other issues. A wet basement is not only dangerous (e.g., electric water heater), but it can breed other problems like mold and mildew, and pests.
- Mold and mildew: Even if you think you’ve got all the water cleaned up, it may still be saturated into your wood, and this is often the catalyst for mold and mildew growth, which can lead to serious respiratory health conditions.
- Foundation issues: Foundation problems threaten to destroy your home from the ground up. We just mentioned flooding, but it doesn’t take that much water to ruin your foundation. A damp or wet basement from a long-term water leak can do serious damage to your basement foundation, as can the sinking or settling of your basement floor.
These are just a few of the reasons why Monroe County basement waterproofing is vital. Quality waterproofing systems can protect your home from this kind of calamity.
Water Damage Warning Signs
Your home isn’t just rendered unsalvagable overnight. You will see signs that it’s time to take action. Here are some warning signs you may see if your home is becoming water-damaged.
- Horizontal or stair-step cracks: Vertical cracks in your basement wall are not that unusual. Settling can occur in any home. However, horizontal or stair-step cracks in concrete block or brick foundation walls point to a possible consequential issue with your foundation.
- Buckled, bulging, or cracking drywall: When the soil outside expands from moisture and temperature changes, it can put hydrostatic pressure on the foundation walls, pushing them inward and causing them to bow and crack.
- Cracks around windows and doors: If you are experiencing changes in your foundation, you may begin to see cracks appear around the windows and doors in your home.
- Sticking, jamming windows and doors: When your foundation is becoming problematic, your windows and doors may start to stick and jam. This is due to a shift in the wall they are seated into.
- Concrete slab floor cracks: Cracks in your basement floor indicate a pressing issue with your foundation. If you discover your basement foundation is damaged, you’ll want to seek foundation repair immediately to avoid irreparable damage to your home.
- Tilting, leaning chimneys: A home with foundation issues will often have a chimney that begins to lean to one side because the foundation on that side is settling.
A solid exterior basement waterproofing system is a must to ensure your home is safe from these types of catastrophes. A proper drainage system such as a sump pump for the basement can be a lifesaver.
Foundation Solutions 360 Basement Waterproofing Solutions
With years of experience, Foundation Solutions 360 does exceptional repairs on bulging, leaning, and cracking walls, and cracking floors. Check out our waterproofing offers, impeccably employing top-shelf methods, like wall anchors and beams, low-pressure injections, and helical piers.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
There are numerous advantages to basement waterproofing, such as the following.
- Prevents flooding
- Prevents mold and mildew-related illnesses
- Prevents structural damage
- Prevents energy waste
- Protects belongings
- Increases home value
- Saves money
If you need basement waterproofing in Monroe County, MI, at its very best, contact Foundation Solutions 360 today for a free estimate. We anxiously await the opportunity to fortify or repair your foundation and give you the peace of mind you need. Foundation Solutions 360 is veteran owned and operated, and we use “Made in USA” parts, equipment, and sealants.