Foundation Solutions 360
We’re a Foundation, Basement and Crawlspace Repair Company Proudly Serving Michigan With Over 20 Years’ Experience.4 Years Interest Free financing
Basement Waterproofing in Milford, MI
Climate In Milford, MI
Michigan experiences all four seasons. In Milford, winters are usually freezing and snowy, and summers are warm. It is also partly cloudy year-round. The temperature varies from 17F to 83F. The most comfortable time in Milford is from mid June to early September.
Common Milford, MI Basement Problems
Here is a list of the most common basement problems that homeowners have to deal with in Milford, MI:
- Mold and mildew. While mildew is a surface fungus that can be easily removed, mold is much more dangerous. It can be toxic and can cause serious health issues. Mold and mildew often grow in a wet basement.
- Leaks and flooding. Basements are very susceptible to water leaks and flooding and cause the constant presence of moisture that can lead to other issues.
- Basement cracks. The ground surrounding the basement often expands due to drastic weather changes, which causes the basement to develop cracks. As a result, over time, water finds its way and causes more serious damage.
- Bad smells. Because of constant moisture, mold, and mildew, you may have to deal with unpleasant smells in your basement. It is possible to cover up these smells, but the problem will not be eliminated.
Water Damage Warning Signs
There are certain signs indicating that there is water damage to your basement, including the following:
- Mold growing. Mold needs moisture to grow. Therefore, if you see it growing in your basement, it means that there is either humidity or liquid water, which is often a result of water damage.
- Cracks. If your basement wall or foundation have cracks, this might indicate damage. The good news is that cracks in general do not always cause problems. However, if a crack exceeds 1/16th of an inch in width, it should not be ignored.
- Discoloration of walls and floors. The walls and basement floor that experience water damage might look discolored and stained. In most cases, water stains are yellowish-brown, so if you see stains of this color, there is probably water damage.
- Sinking floors and foundation. You may not notice this problem right away, but it is a serious issue and one of the most obvious signs of damage caused by water.
- Deteriorating building materilas. Materials that are exposed to water start to deteriorate. They will break down and weaken much faster than usually. You may notice them flaking and the paint starting to peel off. The wall might start to bow or lean.There might be other reasons why this is happening, and water damage is one of them.
Foundation Solutions 360: Basement Waterproofing Solutions
At Foundation Solutions 360, we offer the following basement waterproofing systems and solutions:
- Installation of sump pump waterproofing systems. A sump pump is a device that moves excess water from a problem area, such as your basement for example. It helps prevent damage caused by flooding that can cost you thousands of dollars to clean and repair. At Foundations Solutions 360, we offer high-quality and durable sump pumps from the best manufacturers and battery backup.
- Putting vapor barrier wall liners. Wall liners are another effective basement waterproofing solution. In addition, liners have other benefits: they transform your basement into a usable living space, increase the value of your property, lock out old walls of the basement and make them look more attractive.
- French drains. A French drain is a drainage system that does not prevent water from entering your basement. However, it catches water and provides an easy pass for it to flow away from a house. French drains do not disturb exterior landscaping like exterior basement waterproofing, and they are cost-effective.
- Using a dehumidifier. A dehumidifier is a device that removes moisture from the air in order to maintain the proper humidity level in the house. By using this device, you not only improve the quality of air but also protect your home and its structure. In addition, dehumidifiers keep mildew and mold from growing and eliminate unpleasant odors.
Benefits Of Basement Waterproofing
Since the basement is one of the most common areas in a house that floods, you should definitely think about basement waterproofing. If you are not sure about it, basement waterproofing offers the following benefits:
- Better foundation support. Basement waterproofing makes the basement foundation stronger and extends its lifetime.
- Less damage and cleanup. Waterproofing the basement will reduce the number of floods that you will have to deal with. As a result, there will be much less damage and cleanup for you.
- Increased value of your home. A house with such additional protection as basement waterproofing will definitely cost more. It also looks more appealing for potential home buyers.
- Health issues prevention. As mentioned above, moisture in your basement can cause mildew and mold growth, which is dangerous for your health.
Foundation Solutions 360 – High-quality Basement Waterproofing in Milford, MI
If you live in Milford, MI, and you are looking for a company specializing in basement waterproofing, do not look any further than Foundation Solutions 360. Our company specializes in Milford basement waterproofing and has many years of experience, which makes it one of the leading waterproofing companies in Milford, MI.
We are also professionals in foundation repair and basement repair in Milford, MI. If you want to know more about the services we offer, get a free estimate, or know about other options to solve water issues, feel free to visit our website or give us a call.
- Basement Waterproofing in Berkley MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Bloomfield Township MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Bloomfield Hills MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Clawson MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Hazel Park MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Huntington Woods MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Union Lake
- Basement Waterproofing in Oak Park MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Waterford MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Walled Lake MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Troy MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Sylvan Lake MI
- Basement Waterproofing in West Bloomfield MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Wixom MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Southfield MI
- Basement Waterproofing in South Lyon MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Royal Oak MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Rochester MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Rochester Hills MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Pontiac MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Pleasant Ridge MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Orchard Lake MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Novi MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Madison Heights MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Lathrup Village MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Keego Harbor MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Ferndale MI
- Basement Waterproofing Oakland Township, MI
- Basement Waterproofing Ortonville, MI
- Basement Waterproofing Oxford, MI
- Basement Waterproofing White Lake, MI
- Basement Waterproofing Lakeville, MI
- Basement Waterproofing Lake Orion, MI
- Basement Waterproofing Leonard, MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Fenton MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Farmington MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Farmington Hills MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Commerce Township MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Clarkston MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Birmingham MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Beverly Hills MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Auburn Hills MI