Foundation Solutions 360
We’re a Foundation, Basement and Crawlspace Repair Company Proudly Serving Michigan With Over 20 Years’ Experience.4 Years Interest Free financing
Basement Waterproofing Saginaw County, MI
Residents of Saginaw County are familiar with leaky basements, and long-time residents have learned, many the hard way, that basement waterproofing in Saginaw County, MI is a must. A wet basement can turn into quite a complex issue, so it should be dealt with hastily by a first-rate company like Foundation Solutions 360.
Climate in Saginaw County, MI
In the summer, Saginaw County gets tons of rain, and in the winter, it gets tons of snow. Precipitation falls from the skies here all year long. Because it’s nestled by Lake St. Clair and the Great Lakes, it’s humid all the time in Saginaw County, and that tends to be bad news for homeowners.
Precipitation and all-around humidity are arch enemies of homeowners because of all the damage they can do to a home. Saginaw County homeowners must trust vapor barriers and other waterproofing systems, like French drains, to keep their homes dry and their foundations safe. A sump pump with a battery backup is another drainage system. It is a homeowner’s friend in that it keeps their basement dry, even in the event of a power outage.
Common Saginaw County, MI Basement Problems
Water problems are the beginning of most any basement trouble. Here are a few of the most common basement problems.
- Flooding: Whether it’s a leak or water is pouring in, flooding is a critical issue. Water and electricity do not mix, and you or a family member could get electrocuted. Flooding or just water leaks can leave a basement damp, causing terrible odors to contend with. Also, warmth plus dampness breeds mold and mildew.
- Mold and mildew: You may think your basement is all dried up; however, you might not be able to see water trapped behind certain parts of the basement walls and floors. A warm basement that’s damp is the perfect place for mold and mildew to grow, and breathing in those spores can give you and your family grave respiratory issues.
- Foundation issues: Foundation problems can get so bad that they are not repairable. That’s not usually the case, but it can certainly happen. Don’t dismiss the water issues that are causing damage to your basement floor, which is part of your basement foundation.
It is imperative that you protect your home, and that’s why Saginaw County basement waterproofing is essential.
Water Damage Warning Signs
Your home doesn’t just present with severe damage in one day. It happens over time, and evidence makes itself known beforehand. Here are some signs that your foundation needs repair.
- Horizontal or stair-step cracks: Vertical cracks in your basement wall are normally not as big a deal as horizontal or stair-step cracks. These types of cracks in your concrete block or brick walls point to a critical issue with your foundation.
- Buckled, bulging, or cracking drywall: Temperature changes alongside the precipitation and drying cycle can expand and contract the soil around your home. It puts hydrostatic pressure on the walls of your foundation, pushing them inward and causing them to buckle and crack.
- Cracks around windows and doors: A settling foundation can cause the wall to crack around your windows and doors.
- Sticking, jamming windows and doors: If your foundation is moving, your windows and doors may also start to jam and stick, not opening and closing smoothly like they used to.
- Concrete slab floor cracks: Basement floor cracks or uneven basement floors indicate a serious foundation problem. Seek help immediately.
- Tilting, leaning chimneys: If your chimney is tilting to one side, your home is probably settling on that side.
Foundation Solutions 360 Basement Waterproofing Solutions
Foundation Solutions 360 employs professionals with years of experience in exterior basement waterproofing. We find the right solution to fortify new homes or repair damaged homes every day, employing only the most innovative, dependable methods in the industry.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
The following are only a few of the many advantages of basement waterproofing.
- Structural conservation
- Basement flooding prevention
- Family wellness preservation
- Asset protection
- Energy, thus money conservation
- Rise in home value
Contact Foundation Solutions 360 today for a free estimate on basement waterproofing Saginaw County, MI.
We will secure your new foundation or do your foundation repair and reinforce it, giving you peace of mind for the future. Foundation Solutions 360 is veteran owned and operated, and we use “Made in USA” parts, equipment, and sealants.