Basement Waterproofing Tuscola County, MI
Leaky basements are nothing new to residents of Tuscola County, and those who have lived here for years understand why basement waterproofing in Tuscola County, MI is crucial if you want to prolong the life of your home. As a wet basement can become quite a complex problem, it is a good idea to call seasoned professionals in basement waterproofing like those employed by Foundation Solutions 360.
Climate in Tuscola County, MI
Receiving plentiful rainfall in the summertime, Tuscola County also receives abundant snowfall in the wintertime. Much of the cause for all this downpour is that Tuscola County is located by Lake St. Clair and the Great Lakes. As the water vaporizes off these large bodies of water, it causes the counties surrounding them to become humid, and humidity can be a nightmare for homeowners.
The reason humidity is so bad for homeowners is that there are several ways that water can cause damage to a home. Tuscola County homeowners use French drains, vapor barriers, and other waterproofing systems to ensure their homes stay dry. One that is commonly used is a sump pump, with which you always want to have a battery backup in case the power goes out.
Common Tuscola County, MI Basement Problems
Almost any basement problems that come up are caused by water issues. These are the most common basement problems.
- Flooding: It can be a small leak, or it can be a literal flood. Either way, water that isn’t supposed to be in your basement always spells trouble for your home. If it gets high enough, it can get into an electric water heater and cause electrical problems or even electrocute you or a family member. Water in your basement can lead to terrible odors, mold and mildew, and other problems.
- Mold and mildew: Even if you think your basement is all dry and you have no issues, you could have mold and mildew growing in your walls where they’ve gotten wet. A warm, damp basement is the perfect setting for mold and mildew growth. These spores can cause you or your family members to experience serious respiratory illnesses.
- Foundation issues: Many basement foundation issues can be repaired rather easily, but in some cases, a home’s damage can be ignored so long that the foundation becomes irreparable. It’s never a good idea to ignore foundation issues because if you have them, they are probably getting progressively worse.
You want to protect your home, so Tuscola County basement waterproofing is something you should look into today.
Water Damage Warning Signs
It doesn’t happen overnight. You will see symptoms of water damage. Here are some signs that you should start taking water damage seriously.
- Horizontal or stair-step cracks: You don’t want any cracks in your wall, but vertical cracks are not quite as bad as horizontal or stair-step cracks, which point directly to a grave problem in your foundation.
- Buckled, bulging, or cracking drywall: When soil gets wet and dries repeatedly as the temperature changes, it applies hydrostatic pressure to your basement wall, causing it to bulge inward, buckle, and crack.
- Cracks around windows and doors: When your foundation settles, the walls can crack around your doors and windows.
- Sticking, jamming windows and doors: A moving foundation can cause your windows and doors to stick and jam, not smoothly opening and closing like normal.
- Concrete slab floor cracks: Cracks in your basement floor or uneven basement floors both point to serious issues with your foundation.
- Tilting, leaning chimneys: If your chimney starts tilting to one side, it means your home is settling on that side.
The right drainage system and exterior basement waterproofing can ensure your walls and floors are protected from water leaks and other water-related foundation problems.
Foundation Solutions 360 Basement Waterproofing Solutions
Foundation Solutions 360 is the foremost name in Tuscola County basement waterproofing solutions. We use innovative methods like low-pressure injections and helical piers. With years of experience, our professionals care about your home and specifically about your job.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
The following are several advantages of basement waterproofing.
- Prevents flooding
- Prevents mold and mildew-related illnesses
- Prevents structural damage
- Prevents energy waste
- Protects belongings
- Increases home value
- Saves money
For a free estimate, contact Foundation Solutions 360 today. You’ll get basement waterproofing in Tuscola
Whether it’s a new foundation or a foundation repair and reinforcement, Foundation Solutions 360 is dedicated to doing the job right the first time. We are veteran owned and operated and use “Made in USA” parts, equipment, and sealants.