Basement Waterproofing in Ann Arbor, MI
Basement waterproofing in Ann Arbor, MI is an important part of good home maintenance, especially with its rainy and snowy climate. This process ensures that your home is protected from water leaks and other serious and often expensive issues. A wet basement can cause more problems later, including foundation issues, mold and mildew growth, and other forms of water damage.
To prevent water issues from affecting your home, you need waterproofing companies in Ann Arbor you can trust. With years of experience, Foundation Solutions 360 is here to help protect your Michigan home with our expert waterproofing systems. We offer protection from a wet basement with a variety of services including French drains, basement foundation waterproofing, and more.
Climate in Ann Abor, MI
Ann Arbor gets approximately 36 inches of rain per year, on average. This area of Michigan also sees an incredible annual snowfall average of 43 inches per year. The most common forms of precipitation are rain, snow, sleet, and hail.
With such a large amount of precipitation comes the threat of water issues and damage to your Ann Arbor home. A wet basement is a breeding ground for dangerous mold and mildew, which may cause serious health issues including respiratory irritation and asthma. Another serious issue resulting from water leaks and a wet basement is structural damage to the home, resulting in extremely costly repairs.
Common Ann Arbor, MI Basement Problems
Some of the most common basement issues in Ann Arbor, MI include leaks and cracks in basement walls and floors, standing water, a musty smell, or mold and mildew. Large amounts of rain and snow can cause the soil under your home to expand and contract, causing problems with the foundation. While some of these problems may be “normal” due to the home’s age or structural settling, it could also cause damage to the basement floor or wall. The sooner you can address these issues, the better the odds are that you’ll be able to protect your home from further damage.
Keeping moisture out of your home with exterior basement waterproofing, installing a sump pump, and other measures is the best way to ensure that your home remains safe for years to come. When it comes to choosing waterproofing companies in Ann Arbor, Foundation Solutions 360 is here to help. Be sure to contact us for a free estimate so we can provide you with the best waterproofing offers available.
Water Damage Warning Signs
If you suspect that you have water damage to your Ann Arbor home, there are a few key signs to look for, including:
- Visible cracks: If you notice cracks in your basement floor, basement wall, or anywhere near the exterior of your foundation, then it’s time to get basement waterproofing and repair as soon as possible.
- Increased flooding: Your basement should be dry at all times, regardless of the weather. But without the proper drainage system and other protective measures in place, this part of your home could flood more frequently, creating a bigger threat of extensive damage.
- Musty smells: A musty smell is a common indicator of the presence of mold and mildew. When mold and mildew grow, they can spread to the rest of your home and create a myriad of potentially serious health issues for you and your family.
Foundation Solutions 360 Basement Waterproofing Solutions
At Foundation Solutions 360, we provide a wide range of basement waterproofing solutions for your home, including both interior and exterior basement waterproofing. Our team has years of experience, and we’re fully licensed and insured in the state of Michigan. In addition to our wide range of services, we also offer a lifetime transferrable warranty and 24/7 help for flooding emergencies. If your home has a crawlspace, we provide crawlspace repair in Michigan, too.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
There are many great benefits to basement waterproofing, including:
- You’ll increase the resale value of your home
- Protection from flooding with effective drainage systems
- Peace of mind knowing that your home and foundation are safe
- Healthier air and less mold and mildew growth
Why Choose Foundation Solutions 360
With over 20 years of experience, Foundation Solutions 360 is your choice for basement waterproofing, sump pump installation, and more. We offer a free estimate to help you decide which options are right for you. Contact us today to find out about our waterproofing offers and how we can help you protect your home from water damage for peace of mind.