Foundation Solutions 360
We’re a Foundation, Basement and Crawlspace Repair Company Proudly Serving Michigan With Over 20 Years’ Experience.4 Years Interest Free financing
Basement Waterproofing New Boston, MI
Basements are great places for storage or to add additional living space to your home. If you plan to use your basement, you should first hire a company specializing in New Boston (county) basement waterproofing in (county) New Boston. The last thing you want is for your belongings to be destroyed if the basement floods, and waterproofing will keep your belongings safe and protect your home.
Climate In New Boston, MI
The average yearly rainfall in the United States is 38 inches, and New Boston, Michigan, gets about 34 inches of rain, putting your basement at risk for flooding. Winter is the time of year that can do the most damage. The average yearly snowfall in the US is 27.8 inches, and the average in New Boston, Michigan, is 60.66 inches and is the second highest state in terms of snowfall after New York.
When the snow melts after a storm, there’s a significant risk of a basement flood, and New Boston (county) basement waterproofing can keep your basement and belongings safe.
Common New Boston, MI Basement Problems
Basement problems aren’t uncommon in New Boston, thanks to the climate, and can cause damage to the structure and your belongings. The most common issues to watch out for include:
- Humidity: The basement is the coolest part of your home because it’s underground, typically around 45 to 50 degrees. It gets humid when the warm air from upstairs combines with the cold air in the basement, creating condensation. High humidity levels and condensation can damage the basement structure, and everything in the basement could be ruined.
- Mold and mildew: High humidity and darkness create the perfect environment for mold growth. Mold exposure can put your family’s health at risk, and black mold is toxic and even more dangerous. When mold growth occurs, it won’t stop, and if you see mold somewhere, it’s likely there is hidden mold in areas on the basement floor.
- Basement cracks: Michigan has four seasons, which is lovely but can cause damage to your basement. The frequent weather changes cause the ground around the basement to expand and contract, creating cracks in the basement wall and floors.
- Leaks and flooding: Leaks occur if there’s a crack in the wall or floor or during severe weather, putting your home and everything in the basement at risk.
- Sump pump issues: If your sump pump or battery backup fails, your basement could flood during extreme weather.
Water Damage Warning Signs
Puddles and standing water are obvious signs of water damage in the basement; however, there are other signs you may not realize that can indicate water damage, including:
- Standing water issues
- Damp air
- Musty smells
- Mold or mildew on the walls and floors
- Peeling or flaking paint
- An even floor due to sinking
- Cracked or crumbling walls or floors
- Wood rot
- Wet carpets or drywall
Each of these signs indicates water damage that will only worsen if the problem is ignored. Fortunately, waterproofing the basement will prevent these issues from occurring, and you can use the basement without having to worry about paying for repairs in the future, which can be very expensive.
Foundation Solutions 360 Basement Waterproofing Solutions
Foundation Solutions 360 are experts in exterior basement waterproofing and provide other services, including:
- Basement foundation repair
- Crawlspace repair
- Leaning or bowing wall repair
- Crack repair
- Sinking foundation solutions
They understand what the Michigan climate can do to a basement and crawlspace and have the knowledge and experience to handle these issues.
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
If you aren’t sure if basement waterproofing is worth the cost, you should understand the benefits of a waterproof basement.
- You can use the basement as additional living space.
- Prevent structural damage in the basement.
- It prevents the basement from water leaks and flooding, resulting in a wet basement.
- The basement won’t be humid, and your energy bills will decrease.
- Protect your family from mold exposure.
- The basement won’t have a musty smell.
- Eliminate the humid air that could cause the pipes to expand and leak.
When you consider the benefits of basement waterproofing systems, you’ll see this service is well worth the cost.
Call Foundation Solutions 360 Today
If you decide to waterproof your basement, look no further than Foundation Solutions 360. We’re a veteran-owned and operated family business with many years of experience in our field. Our customized repair solutions and waterproofing solutions are 100 percent guaranteed, and you may not get that guarantee from other waterproofing companies in (county) New Boston. Also, we charge the most reasonable rates, which other waterproofing companies in New Boston may not guarantee. We can also install French drains to speed up the drainage system. To schedule an appointment for a free estimate for waterproofing or basement repair (county) New Boston, or to hear out waterproofing offers, give us a call today.
- Basement Waterproofing in Garden City, MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Plymouth MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Harper Woods MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Dearborn MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Canton MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Detroit MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Livonia MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Northville MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Dearborn Heights MI
- Basement Waterproofing Melvindale, MI
- Basement Waterproofing Ecorse, MI
- Basement Waterproofing Flat Rock, MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Belleville MI
- Basement Waterproofing Grosse Ile, MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Taylor MI
- Basement Waterproofing Inkster, MI
- Basement Waterproofing Highland Park, MI
- Basement Waterproofing Lincoln Park, MI
- Basement Waterproofing Redford, MI
- Basement Waterproofing River Rouge, MI
- Basement Waterproofing Rockwood, MI
- Basement Waterproofing Riverview, MI
- Basement Waterproofing Romulus, MI
- Basement Waterproofing New Hudson, MI
- Basement Waterproofing Southgate, MI
- Basement Waterproofing in Grosse Pointe MI