Crawl Space Repair Fixes Moisture and Mold Problems in Your Michigan Crawlspace
When it comes to the integrity of your home, every single component of the building plays a vital role. Perhaps one of the most overlooked but most important spaces to contribute to your home’s structural integrity is found deep below the surface — your home’s crawl space.
Crawl spaces are an empty gap of space underneath your home. They contain important structural supports that ensure your home is standing strong. However, that’s not all: they also contain a large amount of the air you will wind up breathing inside your home.
Unfortunately, many homes don’t have a vapor barrier in their crawl space. This translates to susceptibility to excess moisture and the damages that occur due to unwanted water in your house. Left uncontrolled, this moisture can cause severe damage, ranging from mold and mildew to rotting insulation and even decaying floor joists. Uncontrolled moisture in your home threatens the integrity of the foundation and structure as a whole.
When it comes to home repairs, your crawl space should be top of your list. Here at Foundation Solutions 360, we provide an extensive array of services aimed at upholding the structural safety of your home. One such service we offer is crawl space repair. We proudly serve the entire state of Michigan with crawl space solutions, including Macomb and the surrounding areas.
Not sure if your home needs crawl space repairs? Read on to learn more about the specific risks Michigan homes face and the solutions we provide. Call Foundation Solutions 360 to stop problems before they start!
The Risks That Crawl Spaces Face in Michigan Homes
Believe it or not, many homes don’t have a vapor barrier. This leaves them susceptible to moisture and all of the damage that comes along with unwanted water in your house. Left uncontrolled, this moisture can cause grave damage, ranging from mold and mildew to rotting insulation and even decaying floor joists. In fact, having uncontrolled moisture in your home has the ability to threaten the integrity of the foundation and structure.
Top Four Risks to the Crawl Space Beneath Your Michigan Home
Here in Michigan, crawl space repairs, encapsulation, and the implementation of space power posts are vital to home repair services. This is due to the fact that our soil, climate, and environment all lead to a quick deterioration of an unprotected crawl space. Below are some of the risks to crawl spaces in Michigan:
1. Heavy Amounts of Moisture Present in Our Soil: A crawl space that is not properly sealed will quickly become home to unwanted moisture and water buildup. Many older homes are susceptible to this issue, although newer homes can be equally at risk if a proper vapor barrier seal was not installed during the build.
2. Winter Temperatures Weaken Materials: During the freezing and thawing of winter, any water that has soaked into your foundation and crawl space can cause the materials to contract and expand. The more times this occurs, the weaker the materials will become.
3. Freezing Temperatures Cause Bursting Pipes: If your crawl space is not properly sealed and insulated, pipes are at risk for freezing during the coldest months. Once a pipe bursts or leaks into your crawl space, you’ll have an even bigger moisture issue on your hands.
4. Crawl Space Damage Goes Unnoticed Until It’s Too Late: How often are you hanging out in your crawl space or even thinking about the space beneath your feet? Probably not often! Because of this, it is easy for homeowners to have a serious moisture issue without even realizing it.
If you haven’t had your crawl space inspected for moisture and water damage recently, we strongly recommend you set up an appointment with one of our expert teammates today.
When Moisture Leads To Mold in Your Michigan Crawl Space
When moisture begins to build in your crawl space, it can lead to an array of issues. One of the biggest risks of moisture is the growth of mold. Mold takes hold in any dark, damp area, making a crawl space an ideal target.
When you have moisture and mold in your crawl space, you can face any of the following issues:
Allergies: Did you know the air in your crawl space will eventually circulate through your home? As this occurs, any mold spores that enter the air can lead to severe allergies. If you have noticed that you are sneezing, your eyes are watering, or that you are displaying other allergy symptoms, it could be due to the growth of mold in your crawl space.
Illness: Over time, breathing in mold-ridden air can actually lead to serious health concerns. For those who already suffer from other health issues, mold can lead to infections and severe reactions, such as wheezing, trouble breathing, and skin irritation.
Asthma: If you already suffer from asthma, mold will cause your condition to worsen. This is particularly true for any children in the home who have asthmatic tendencies.
Structural Damage: Mold is capable of eating through a variety of the materials found in your home. It can destroy wood, paper, fabrics, and even some types of glue. This destruction takes place as the mold feasts upon these organic materials as a food source. Left unchecked, this can cause severe damage to your home’s structure.
When Moisture Leads To Pests in Your Michigan Crawl Space
Where there is moisture, there are often bugs, rodents, and other pests — and a secluded, moisture-rich environment is the perfect breeding ground for these critters. While it goes without saying that most homeowners would prefer not to share their home with uninvited guests, the issue is far more than simply feeling uncomfortable with their presence. Pests can cause a large amount of damage to your home. Rodents can chew through walls, wiring, and structural support. They will build their nests in your home and rapidly multiply. Bugs and other insects can also cause damage to the structure of your home — particularly in the case of termites, carpenter ants, and other bugs that eat or damage wood.
Once pests invade your home, it can be difficult to rid the space of them. The damage that pests cause to your home’s structure can in turn cause more damage to occur. For example, if rodents leave holes in your home’s structure, more moisture can invade the space, leading to rot and decay. The good news is that our BBB Accredited company is equipped to help you get to the root of the issue and to implement the right crawl space repairs to ensure that more pests don’t choose your home as their new abode.
A Damaged Crawl Space Puts Your Home’s Foundation at Risk
Unfortunately, all of the above issues caused by moisture in your crawl space put your entire foundation at risk. Without the structural integrity of your crawl space, your home’s foundation will not be protected.
Fix Your Crawl Space & Save Your Home’s Foundation
When your foundation begins to suffer from damage, the problem becomes even larger and the risks even greater. Your home needs a solid place to stand, which is why caring for everything from your crawl space to the foundational slab your home sits upon is all critical to the safety of your home.
- If your crawl space is rife with problems, it’s best to take care of the problem immediately — and be sure that you’re hiring a crawl space repair expert you can trust. At Foundation Solutions 360, our team of professional, highly-trained technicians is fully certified and able to address any crawl space repairs, no matter how large or small the problem is.
- Offering free, no-obligation inspections, we’re happy to inspect your property and consult with you to ensure that you understand all your options for crawl space repair. Not only that, if the cost of foundation repairs is your concern, we can help you through the financing options we have available.
- As experts in Michigan crawl space repair, we understand exactly what your home needs to stay protected against the local elements. Our team can assist you with crawl space repairs in Macomb and across the entire state.
Encapsulating Your Crawl Space is the Best Solution
If you’re worried about protecting your home’s crawl space against the elements, we can help. We offer an array of crawl space solutions specifically geared towards the Michigan climate and soil, and we work with you to determine what crawl space repair best fits your needs.
One such method for preventing damage to your crawl space, due to the build up of moisture and water, is encapsulation. This process involves the installation of a zero permeable liner in your crawl space. The liner prevents mold, mildew, and mites from ever entering your space and protects against moisture building up inside your home’s walls.
The good news? When you choose Foundation Solutions 360 for crawl space encapsulation, you get over 20 years of local experience on your side. Our team has the hands-on industry knowledge needed to ensure the encapsulation process is handled the right way.
Remember, as is true with any home repair, encapsulation is only as effective as the workmanship behind it. Shoddy work will mean that the barrier doesn’t hold up. An improperly-installed barrier could even trap moisture and make the problem worse. Trust only the best with this important task.
Top Six Advantages Of Encapsulating Your Crawl Space
Encapsulating your crawl space will provide you with a myriad of benefits. Some of these benefits include the following:
1. Save On Energy Bills: When you seal your crawl space, you will not only keep harmful moisture out, but you will also keep conditioned air inside. Whether you’re heating your home in winter or cooling it in summer, encapsulation will help you keep your energy costs down by trapping air inside where it belongs.
2. Warmer Floors: Hate stepping out of bed in the winter only to be greeted by freezing cold floors? Encapsulation will insulate your home, leading to warmer floors.
3. Increased Value: Those who are hunting for a home in Michigan will want a crawl space that is protected against the elements. If you plan on selling your home one day, encapsulation increases property value.
4. Healthier Air Quality: When you invest in encapsulation, you enjoy a better quality of air throughout your entire home. Because you’re free from mold and mildew, the air that travels up from your crawl space into the rooms of your house will be clean and free of the allergens moisture buildup can create.
5. Structural Stability: Investing in encapsulation means that you can rest easy, knowing that the structure beneath your feet is sturdy and protected. Moisture can cause a large amount of damage to your home and can weaken the entire building. Once you install a protective barrier, you can feel confident that your home will stand strong.
6. Usable Space: Is your crawl space a creepy place that is musty, dirty, and ridden with bugs? By encapsulating the space, you can now utilize it for storage without worrying about pests and grime. Turn your crawl space into the perfect location for your extra belongings through encapsulation.
If you are interested in investing in encapsulation for your crawl space, we invite you to reach out to our team. We’re happy to answer any questions you have about the process and explain the best options for your home.
Our company is a veteran-owned business with a commitment to integrity and hard work in all we do. You can trust us to give you quality advice backed by 100% honesty. If we think encapsulation is the best method for preparing your crawl space, we will let you know. However, if it’s not ideal for you, we will be upfront about it and present you with the options we think will work best.
Don’t Forget About Our Lifetime Transferable Warranty*
One of the benefits of working with our team at Foundation Solutions 360 is that you will benefit from one of the best warranties in the industry. We are a firm believer that we should back the work we do with more than just our word. Our lifetime warranty* is not only security for you, it is a transferable warranty* which means that if you ever sell your home, you can transfer your warranty to the new homeowner. This makes our services a valuable investment in the worth of your home. Your home will be left on solid ground and you can rest assured it will stay that way for years to come.
An Array Of Foundation Solutions for Your Michigan Home
Above, we highlighted the importance of handling crawl space repairs in a timely manner. There is no doubt that preventing moisture build up from occurring in your crawl space is of the utmost importance to the integrity of your home’s structure.
However, caring for your home’s stability doesn’t end there. That’s why at Foundation Solutions 360, we offer a vast array of services, all geared toward keeping your home on solid ground. We can help you with:
Above all else, our goal is to ensure your home is properly protected against the elements. Here in Michigan, it is easy for the moisture-laden soil to become problematic for your foundation. This is particularly true when winter arrives and the ground goes through freezing and thawing. Talk to us today about scheduling an inspection to see whether or not your home is in need of any of the above repairs.
Work With The Best At Foundation Solutions 360
When it comes to foundation solutions, you will be hard-pressed to find a better team than ours. Our veteran-owned company is proud of the superior services that we offer and the quality customer service that we provide to Michigan residents each day.
If you are interested in learning more about crawl space repairs in Macomb or any surrounding location, we are happy to speak with you today. We operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so there’s never a bad time to call for help. Whether you are facing a major emergency due to a burst pipe in your crawl space or you simply want to better protect your home, we can assist you with finding the right solution for your needs.
When you schedule an appointment with us, we will begin with a thorough inspection and follow up with our recommended solutions. Then, we will work with you to determine what will best meet your needs and your budget. Finally, we will get to work creating the protection your crawl space needs.
A serious consideration in itself, mold is a product of excessive moisture and has the ability to cause health problems for you and your family. Additionally, where there is moisture, there are often bugs, rodents, and other pests — and a secluded, moisture-rich environment is the perfect breeding ground. Crawl spaces are the ideal environment for everything from mold to rodents, which is why it’s so important to address a potential issue as soon as possible.
If your crawl space is rife with problems, it’s best to take care of the problem immediately — and be sure that you’re hiring a crawl space repair expert you can trust. At Foundation Solutions 360, our team of professional, highly-trained technicians is fully certified and able to address any crawl space repairs, no matter how large or small the problem is.
Offering free, no-obligation inspections, we’re happy to inspect and consult with you to ensure that you are getting the very best quality in your crawl space repair.
Advantages Of Encapsulating Your Michigan Crawlspace
- Save on energy bills by being more efficient
- Better insulated leads to warmer floors
- Increased resale value of your home
- Healthier air quality throughout your home
- Structural stability beneath your home
To get started with your crawl space repair, contact Foundations 360 today!