Foundation Solutions 360
We’re a Foundation, Basement and Crawlspace Repair Company Proudly Serving Michigan With Over 20 Years’ Experience.4 Years Interest Free financing
Crawl Space Repair in Ortonville, MI
Does your Oakland County home have a crawl space? When’s the last time you’ve even been in there? Possibly never, right? While this is a little thought-about component of a home, it doesn’t take away the fact that it’s an essential part of Oakland County homes. Sometimes, you may experience issues and require crawl space repair. That’s when Foundation Solutions 360 can help.
What Causes the Need for Crawl Space Repair in Ortonville, MI?
Moisture is the most prevalent concern for Oakland County homes. Michigan soil is known for trapping moisture. When this occurs around the foundation of your home, it can lead to problems for your foundation and crawl space.
Michigan is known for its fierce winters. In Ortonville, the average snowfall is over 30 inches per year, which is higher than the national average. As a result, excessive moisture builds around the foundation. It doesn’t help if your Oakland County home has any gaps in the foundation. Keep in mind that the flip flop of cold and slightly less cold temperatures throughout the winter cause the foundation to constantly contract and expand, and then pair that with the moisture, it can easily cause the foundation to weaken.
And because the winter weather hits every year, along with all the rest of the moisture, your crawl space may be at risk of moisture-related damage.
Underneath your home, you may have structural damage, particularly to the beams. You may notice watermarks. It’s possible the crawl space will settle ununiformly, leading to uneven floors in your upstairs. Buckling, dipping, and sagging of your upstairs floors may also occur.
And where there’s moisture, there’s the possibility of mold growth. For some people, such as those with allergies or who are immunocompromised, this is a major health concern. For those with or without health risks, mold can be damaging to the structure of the home and compromise its integrity.
Foundation Solutions 360 Provides Professional Crawl Space Repair in Ortonville, MI
While Oakland County homes are prone to crawl space problems, Foundation Solutions 360 is skilled at crawl space repair in Oakland County. We can also help you prevent a problem that could lead to structural damage to your home using a few different methods.
Just as its name suggests, this process encloses the crawl space to prevent or stop moisture. In fact, encapsulation is, by far, the most effective method for crawl space repair and damage prevention.
During encapsulation, our team will stop and prevent water damage from occurring in the crawl space of your Oakland County home. It helps with energy efficiency and improves air quality.
For the installation process, our professionals will inspect the crawl space and determine if you have any problems as of yet. If there are any, a representative from our staff will discuss the best course of action.
The next step is to remove any debris and any current insulation if there’s any damage. Our team will then level the dirt floor prior to installing any of the encapsulation.
If we had to remove previous insulation or you currently don’t have any, our team can install some at this point if you desire. It makes can optimize energy efficiency.
Then, we’ll install an impermeable liner around the outside walls. Not only will this prevent moisture from damaging the walls, but it also guides the heat back into your home. At this stage, we make sure we fasten the liner securely to ensure it remains in place and has an airtight seal.
We’ll then need to position a floor liner to prevent moisture accumulation.
The last step is to seal lock the piping, using permanent tape, to protect it. This is just another way we make sure the project is completed right and will last.
Power Post Installation
Crawl space repair in Oakland County as well as crawl space repair in Michigan in general may include power post installation. As its name suggests, with this process, we make the posts quite powerful to stand up against water damage.
We use adjustable columns to accommodate the size of your crawl space. On top of the columns are steel pads that provide extra support to a larger area. Since the posts consist of steel, they’re resistant to rot. Plus, the material is galvanized with a zinc coating.
Fortunately, these power posts are known to carry heavy loads, giving you peace of mind that they’ll hold up for years to come and protect your home and everything in it.
After an extensive evaluation of the crawl space in your Oakland County home, a professional from our team will determine the ideal solution for you. We’ll take into account your needs and budget.
Contact us today if you need crawl space repair. We serve Oakland County homes and are available by calling 855-532-5360.
- Crawl Space Repair in Farmington Hills MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Commerce Township MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Clawson MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Milford, MI
- Crawl Space Repair in New Hudson, MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Farmington MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Troy MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Sylvan Lake MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Oak Park MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Southfield MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Novi MI
- Crawl Space Repair in South Lyon MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Royal Oak MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Madison Heights MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Rochester MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Lathrup Village MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Rochester Hills MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Pontiac MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Keego Harbor MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Huntington Woods MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Hazel Park MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Ferndale MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Fenton MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Clarkston MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Berkley MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Beverly Hills MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Birmingham MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Bloomfield Hills MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Auburn Hills MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Lakeville, MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Davisburg, MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Franklin, MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Highland, MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Holly, MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Lake Orion
- Crawl Space Repair in Waterford, MI
- Crawl Space Repair in White Lake, MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Walled Lake, MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Oxford, MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Oakland, MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Pleasant Ridge, MI
- Crawl Space Repair in West Bloomfield, MI
- Crawl Space Repair in Wixom, MI