Foundation Repair in Genoa Township, MI
Foundation repair are probably the most frightening words for any homeowner. Repairs to the foundations usually cost a lot, so people do not like even thinking about them. However, it is important to understand that the foundation is the most important part of your home. Therefore, if it needs a repair, you cannot simply ignore this problem. If you think, you need a foundation repair in Genoa Township, MI, you should reach out to the team of professionals at Foundation Solutions 360 – one of the leading foundation repair companies in Michigan.
Common Genoa Township, MI Foundation Problems
Foundation problems are very common in homes in Michigan, and here is a list of the main reasons causing foundation issues:
- Water evaporation. The amount of moisture present in the soil is the main issue with the ground around the foundation. Good soil should contain water, dirt, clay, and stone. If the soil becomes too dry, it diminishes in volume and starts shrinking. As a result, it adds pressure to the foundation of a building. This can lead to foundation damage and the appearance of cracks. It is also important to keep in mind that tree roots suck moisture from the soil and make it dry. Therefore, if your house is surrounded by trees, you are more likely to experience foundation issues.
- Water is not distributed evenly. Uneven water distribution can be caused by such common problems as an underground leak or improper drainage. The concentration of water in certain areas can cause settling. Excess water can also lead to soil erosion.
- Improper construction of the foundation. In order to construct a good foundation and avoid problems in the future, there are certain critical elements that need to be taken into consideration. These elements include the quality of building materials and the proper preparation of the surrounding soil. If these critical elements are neglected, then problems with the foundation in the future are almost inevitable.
Foundation Damage Warning Signs
It is important to know the early warning signs of foundation problems. The sooner you identify these problems, the easier, less stressful, and less expensive it is to fix them.
- Drainage issues. It is quite easy to identify this problem. All you need to do is to check the soil around the foundation. If the soil it wet, but it has not rained recently, there might be a foundation problem. The situation can be the opposite: the soil is absolutely dry, but it has rained recently. It also indicates a foundation issue that should not be ignored.
- Warped ceilings and cracked walls. Usually, ceilings and walls reflect the problems with the foundation. You may notice gaps between the walls and ceilings, or the walls of your home will start to crack. The cracks are usually very easy to spot if your house is brick or concrete.
- Uneven or sagging floors. The most common signs of uneven floors include buckling floors, squeaky boards, or a dip in the middle of a room.
Foundation Repair Solutions
There are several options for foundation repair that foundation companies offer:
- Low-pressure injection. It is a helpful foundation repair service if the foundation has cracks. In this case, cracks will be filled with epoxy or polyurethane foam. Epoxy is used when the damage is structural and more serious, while polyurethane foam is the best choice is better for preventing water damage.
- Wall Anchors And Beams Installation. This method is good and effective when you have bowing walls and you want to straighten the walls back into place. If digging outside is not a solution for you, a wall beam is an effective opion as well.
- Helical piers installation. The best solution for a sinking foundation is the installation of helical piers. Helical piers are installed around a house by providing some sort of additional stability.
Benefits of Foundation repair
Fixing the foundation of your home has many benefits, including the following:
- Saving money. By repairing your foundation today, you can save a significant amount amount of money for tomorrow avoid high expenses in the future.
- Increasing the longevity of your house. The foundation is the base of your house. If foundaiton problems are ingnored, you may have a crumbling home in the end. Therefore, by fixing problems of the foundation as soon as possible helps to increase the longevity of your property.
- Higher resale value. If you are thinking of selling your home now or in the future, you can incrase the resale value by repairing the foundation and eliminating serious issues.
Are you in need of foundation repair in Genoa Township and looking for a foundation repair company specializing in home foundation repair and residential foundation repair? Do not look any furhter – Foundation Solutions 360 is a foundation repair company is a team of foundation repair experts, who know how to fix foundation issues and prevent new problems in the future. Foundation Solutions 360 also specialize in crawl space repair and other solutions. Do not hesitate to visit our website or give us a call for more information.